What application/codebase will you be working on?
The Scribbr application is split into two components: our super high-traffic marketing website, which is built in Wordpress, and our Symfony order management system (Symfony) called Houston. You will be working on the latter ;-)
Houston is used by students, the support team, the marketing team and the management team to run Scribbr smoothly. We are improving Houston every day to automate more of our processes and to improve the services we deliver.
Some Houston features
- Process orders and payments of our customers.
- Manage our vast freelance editor pool.
- Matching freelance editors and orders via an algorithm based on statistical data.
- Automatic Word-document analysis to track and assess the performance of our freelance editors.
- Multi-currency and multi-language operations; students from all over the world use our services.
Complete CRM-system to help all students.
- Plagiarism-detection software.
… and a bit more technical?
Continuously evolving our model is part of Scribbr’s DNA. That is why we use Domain Driven Design as our approach. Our domain code reveals exactly what our business is about.
Aggregate roots inform other contexts using domain events to make sure tight coupling happens only as a design decision. Value objects are used to communicate, and their immutability results in predictable and testable behavior. Symfony is mainly there to make our lives easier. Because we use the latest version, we make use of autowiring to keep configuring service definitions to a minimum. Less code = more.